Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I QUIT!

Well, not yet. And there still is a small, small chance that they could buy my labor for an even more absurd price than they're already paying now. *shrug* Everyone has a price. I'm just a little more honest about mine. I'd say a 30-40% increase in salary, plus a stock package equal to my cumulative packages currently vesting would probably do it, but probably only for another 6 months or so (which would make my stock package worthless, because they're all built with 1-year cliffs).

In any case, I was planning on quitting last Thursday, but I returned from my jaunt in the desert (which I will write about in more detail sometime this week) to find that my boss is OOTO until the 17th. I can wait three more business days, but it sure has been hard.

I leave you with a little bit of Duvall:


The goal you sold yourself out to
Is wasting you
For nothing in return

You speak as though you're rich
You look as though you're tired
What happens when your contract has expired

Will you still cling
To the hollow sound of the empty songs you sing?

When I read between the lines
It don't take long to find a heart that's breaking
And the joy you left behind
Is greater than the one that you've been faking
But I know that there's still time
To turn around the choices you've been making
You just can't close your eyes to what you find
When you read between the lines

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So what's the word? What happened? We must know!

miniboss said...

Yah! I'll be totally done with this place on the 28th. I have one kinda prospect coming up, but nothing set in stone. If I don't get the job, I'll start looking for work in January!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on leaving a job you don't enjoy. I hope your next one brings more daily joy and less daily struggle.