Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Quitting, Part Duex

So, this may be premature, but I may not be able to quit on Friday. I had been under the impression that I was quitting on Friday. That may not be the case anymore. I got a semi-cryptic email from my boss to confirm my last day, and he says we need to talk about it. Boo. I'm not staying a lick past next Wednesday, unless they make me master of the universe.

In any case, back to The Lucksmiths show this weekend. I had two positively sublime moments. I detailed the crying moment in a previous post. I had completely forgotten about the other sublime moment, a moment that defines the life I am about to start leading, which came during Midweek Midmorning:

You were never one for sleeping late
But all the working can wait
We ought to spend today together
You might be less than overjoyed
Unimpressed and unemployed
But I refuse to waste this weather


And by the way - Why couldn't I have quit a week earlier? I could have been up in Seattle last night watching The Lucksmiths for the second time in two days (and gee whiz, what's up with the weather????)!!! They were so goddamn cute, I could barely contain myself. Marco Pogo would have been proud of me at that show. I left it sweaty and insanely happy.

Do you get the new common thread in my (new) life? Happiness. Isn't it amazing?

3 comments:

eingy said...

Less talk, more walk! :D I am so glad you are happy. Happy you is a great, great thing to behold. :)

eingy said...

Also, those lyrics ARE awesome. :)

miniboss said...

Ah, another great part of that song comes immediately after:

A midweek midmorning to ourselves
It would be misspent somewhere else


And yes, confirmed last day is 9/28, tomorrow.