Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Lucksmiths - Live

I saw them on Sunday night. I didn't know if they'd be any good live - three piece bands are sometimes hit and miss, depending on how much "extra" they put in when they record in the studio. Suffice to say, they dispelled all of my fears with the first song, although I can't remember what that was.

I tell you - the West Coast indie crowd needs to ACTUALLY MOVE when they go see shows. I feel like a freak when I actually GET EXCITED about a song.

Ah, also, chalk up cry #2 to this show. It wasn't a *big* cry, but there were two little tears crawling down my face during a song that I didn't recognize, but sounded so wonderful (and I felt so wonderful, being there).

The boys in this band are also HILARIOUSLY funny. ettett, would like them. They all had Mikey qualities about them. I would see them again in a heartbeat. Maybe my next surf-trip should be to Australia!!!!!!

Unemployment is already taking a very, very serious toll on me. I am happy. Imagine that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you aren't even technically unemployed yet! Imagine what is to come.

Sorry to have missed the show, but happy too. I very much enjoyed my slow, quiet night at home alone.