Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wishes Come True

Well I had too much to drink
So I headed for the sink
When I saw that you were already there
Seeing double makes me blink
But it gave me time to think
That we sure do make a wonderful pair

'Cause earlier that evening
When I was only seeing
One of everything that came to view
I thought wouldn't it be nice
If I could only see you twice
Now ain't it grand when wishes come true?


One of these days I'll get 'round to re-recording this song with my buddy. I realize now that the original recording that we did had the wrong beat, which is one of the reasons that it never meshed. It really needs a "train" beat, to match its country-ish sound. Still, I think it's one of the better songs that we've ever recorded.

I need:
1) A small jazz-style kit. Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be a jazz-style kit. But I'd prefer the bass drum not to be larger than 18".
2) Mics. For the type of kit that I'm talking about, I need a bass mic, two (or three) mounted mics for the floor tom, the rack tom, and the snare, and an additional "overhead" mic.
3) Some type of mixing board and recording software.

I'm a little mystified on how this should happen. My buddy is trying to convince me to purchase a $20 tascam 4-track. I'm not even sure that I can get the cassette tapes that it needs. I don't know enough about how recording software and hardware have advanced in the 10 years that have passed since we did the original recording in college.

That being said, I'm also working on three or four new foolishly stupid crushed out horrible pop songs. I'm trying not to let my inner editor kill my will to live. I'm noticing a marked difference in my overall guitar ability, as well, in the positive direction, but I really should have paid more attention in my music theory classes. More later....

3 comments:

eingy said...

Don't let your inner editor hold you back. Tell it to shut the hell up and shove it in the pantry. I'm glad you've picked up music again. It brings you much joy.

Seppo said...

Those are some spectacular lyrics. There should be more like that.

miniboss said...

Really, that's the bass-player. My songs tend to be a lot less clever.