Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Langley Schools Music Project

I know I've waxed poetic about The Langley Schools Music Project, but I have to do it again. I've had to pick it up again, and it arrived in the mail today.

From the liner notes:
"This is beauty. This is truth. This is music that touches the heart in a way no other music ever has, or ever could."

I swear, I've listened to this album in its entirety at least a hundred times. I nearly burst into tears listening to a very, very stripped down version of God Only Knows. Again, it's one of those albums that you either love or hate. It doesn't grow on you. Of course, I love it. Everytime I listen to it, I feel like it's taken a giant sledgehammer to my soul, and then painstakingly glued me back together. I might not be better than new, but I've got more character.

The off-tune saloon style piano and the gym make it sound like they recorded this album in the bat cave. Imagine, if you will, the bat cave, full of children on a Saturday, singing songs that they might not have intellectually understood, but felt in their cores. Gah. I can't say anything else about it that doesn't make me sound like a crazy person.

4 comments:

eingy said...

I can't say anything else about it that doesn't make me sound like a crazy person.

I think you can remove the words "about it". /cheap shot

eingy said...

What happened to the copy you had before?

miniboss said...

I keep losing them. I think I keep lending them out and forgetting about them. It's okay. It's good karma for me.

Anonymous said...

Please lend me a copy! ;)