Friday, June 12, 2009

Obama on DOMA

Obama filed a defense of DOMA brief today (and what a great anniversary present for Loving v. Virginia). I'm no lawyer, so I don't really know what the hell is going on, but the gist I'm getting is this:

Gay people don't have the same rights as straight people because there's no constitutional right to be gay.

What do you do in a two-party system where neither candidate is appealing to you? I suppose you vote for the least noxious of the two. I have to admit being, thus far, pretty disappointed with Obama. Actually, really disappointed. Surprisingly, I have been really stoked about our Secretary of State.

I suppose I will have to vote for Obama again next election cycle, but I won't take any of his platforms seriously - and I'll just hope that he's better than any Republican candidate going up against him. Maybe I'll have to cast my vote Libertarian.

No comments: