Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pass da aloha, bra.

























(Edited again to post a better pic.)

Img from AP, as Obama's high school marching band passed by during the inaugural parade.

I can't tell you how proud I am to be an American today.  I think we all felt like patriots on 9/11, and on the days and months immediately thereafter, but we were united in our suffering. Today is different.  Today, hope swells in my chest with every breath, and I believe that change is really possible.  

I'm realistic - Obama has problems that no president has had to deal with in over half a century, but I believe that he has what it takes to unite us; as a country, as citizens, as neighbors.  

Obama, I hope the aloha spirit lives on in you.  (Even though you did go to Punahou.)

No comments: