Sunday, May 04, 2008

I love my legs (Unburned)

Yes. I love my thighs. I prefer them in their natural, unburned state. You'd think that it wasn't hard to keep them that way, right? Well, you'd be wrong. Why, you ask?

I've recently purchased a last-gen macbook pro, which I love. Granted, for two weeks, I felt as if I'd been struck deaf, dumb, and blind - but I'm quickly unlearning my Windows-centric method of using a computer, and getting adjusted to this "easy", "intuitive" way. It's only not-intuitive for me because I grew up using Windows - but it's been an interesting process, and I can see how a non-computer-literate person would use a Mac and be off to the races in no time flat.

That being said, I took my spanky new macbook pro down to LA a few weeks ago and I needed to get a game. So I did. I ordered Civ IV, which is supposed to be totally compatible with my mac. It is. But it makes my mac very hot. Freakishly hot. So hot that it sometimes beeps at me, if I've been playing too long. I really don't know how the WoW people run their shit on their macbooks, either.

Enter: iLap.



I first saw the iLap at the office that I'm consulting at in LA. They have them everywhere. Take off that black round piece at the front and the iLap can be used on a desk. Not as comfortable as a lifted laptop rack + separate keyboard, but still, who's complaining? I bought one two weeks ago. I can't tell you how much my laptop experience has improved since then.

My laptop runs around 5-10° cooler, and it's way, WAY more comfortable to sit with and use on the couch. Seriously. If you a) use your laptop on your lap, on a couch or b) have a macbook that runs a little hot, you should think about the iLap. I've looked at other competing products, and this was the best one. The black round wrist rest thing gets a lot of cat hair and lint on it. And it doesn't collapse. But otherwise, a much better buy than the others.

Here's a referring link to Amazon, although it's fulfilled by a third party:



Or you can do directly to Rain Design's store by clicking here.

1 comment:

eingy said...

Awesometacularastic!