Monday, November 10, 2008

Ahoy, Mateys!

I've (mostly) recovered from stress-induced fatigue caused by the recent election. I'm now back to the dreary task of finding myself a job. I have to admit that I am not immune to the anxiety-ridden "what-the-fuck-is-going-on-with-the-economy-and-job-market" hysteria that seems to be on the front page of every newspaper from Hawaii to Maine, but I think I'm managing fairly well.

My new goal is to get my resume out to three prospective employers every day, Monday-Friday. I sort of wish that I didn't have to do this, and I actually *want* to go home and help my parents at the shop (and surf every morning), but D would prefer that I stay here, even if that means that D has to pay my rent. (I swear this isn't an under-the-table way for me to live, rent-free.)

What with the endless news of layoffs and bailouts, who wouldn't be nervous? I'm actually glad that I left that last company, seeing as they're Sequoia backed, and must be trying to reduce costs by 10%, as has been endlessly blogged about in the last few weeks.

Today, I am thankful that I have a leftover pot of spaghetti.
I am thankful for Vornado heater fans.
I am thankful for wool-lined house slippers.
I am thankful for wifi that lets me sit on my couch and blog (and apply for jobs).
I am thankful for Strauss Family milk that will make wonderful hot chocolate at lunch.

No comments: