Saturday, October 11, 2008

No on 8

The No on 8 campaign is still losing in the most recent polls. I feel strongly enough about this to volunteer, since I have so much free time on my hands. I'm going to ratchet up my volunteering and get some time in for the Obama campaign, as well.

Even with all the stuff going on in my life, I've a mind to marry her before the election, just because Prop 8 has no provisions in it to deal with what they're calling the "interim" marriages. It's a horrible thing, though, to wonder about your legal status because the mob believes the lie campaigns. Imagine what life would be like now if the laws against interracial marriages hadn't been struck down. Why would we want to repeat this kind of injustice?

I wonder why it is that Republicans, who are so small government, give a shit about who I decide I want to marry. I wonder why more Libertarians are not involved in trying to defeat this proposition. And in California, of all places, why would we want to rewrite the constitution with this kind of hate?

Seriously, it breaks my heart.

I'm fucking $2000 in the hole because of the cat business (this story is too long - the cat is fine), but even I have $20 to donate to this campaign. Scrounge up a $20 to donate, please, so that I can marry the person that I love.

No comments: