Monday, August 13, 2007

A Flurry of Shows

More shows in the next 60 days than I've been to in the last two years...

8/24 - Wilco. Yes. I know I'm late to the bandwagon on this one, and I should have seen them play at the Barrymore, in Madison, more than 10 years ago. Frankly, the Being There album has yet to be dethroned as my favorite Wilco album, but to be fair, none of the others have had more than 2 listens through. I actually have two extra tickets to this sold-out show, and will have to get rid of them this week or next.

9/5 - Okkervil River. A friend of mine is in this band. I'm not particularly fond of the singer's voice, but I go to see a friend.

9/23 - The Lucksmiths. I am SO SO SO excited to see this show. They have not yet announced a venue, and the first round of tickets that I had were refunded due to cancellation. However, the Lucksmiths *say* that they're playing a show in SF on that day, I believe them. They just aren't playing at the Bottom of the Hill.

10/20 - Big Star. I am torn on this one. ClearChannel bought The Fillmore, and are charging, get this: $35.00/ticket, plus a $8.70 "convenience" fee for the convenience of them not having to staff a ticket booth that I could just as easily go and pick tickets up at. Is the convenience of me ordering tickets from my desk at work worth $17.00 (the cost of BOTH of my initial Lucksmiths tickets) worth seeing Alex Chilton? Probably, but let me get over the fucking gall of the "new" Fillmore (and btw, your new website sucks).

No comments: