Thursday, May 01, 2014

Overheard Today (and also, it's HOT in SF)

Today started abnormally. First, it was 75 degrees and sunny at 8:00am this morning. Every window in the apartment is open. It's hot in SF.

Windows being open, it also means that the stairwells separating the building are echoing sounds from the neighbors. I have two loud pairs. One has a kid, so that's pretty normal. We've been listening to that disembodied angel screaming every morning at 6 am for the past 2 years now. The other pair of neighbors, I think, are retired. They scream a lot. One of them has a recurring allergy or some other kind of phlegm problem that makes him sound like a dragon choking most mornings.

This pair, who stay home, and whom I can hear while I'm working at my office-in-the-bedroom, had the best conversation this morning. Started with me hearing AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long over my Iron and Wine radio station.

"This is hard rock at its best. There don't make music like this anymore"

"Yup."

"It's awesome. It's all BOOM CHICK BOOM BANG. Much better than that headbanger shit."

"It doesn't get any better than this."

Did I mention that these people are old and retired? Thank you, old retired neighbors who rock out to AC/DC on a midweek midmorning. You rule.

No comments: